Sunday, April 12, 2009

Canelé - Mont Blanc

Canelé still remains the most sophisticated patisserie in Singapore, with the best selection of desserts. And they are the only ones I have found so far who serve my all time favourite: the Mont Blanc. If I don't have time to eat-in, I take it away, but it's a must-have for me, every time I walk past a Canelé branch.
Their Mont Blanc is fabulous. A soft chestnut pureé revolves around a 2-layered core of light cream and spongy chestnut cream, all sitting on top of a classic French tart. I am not a huge fan of tarts, but ff you like chestnuts you will love this!

Canele's matcha cake is also very interesting. An outer mousse embeds an inner later of matcha sponge and one of fruity jelly. The whole cake is dusted into a fine powder. You can distinguish the matcha flavour once you cut through the mousse and taste the sponge, which is nicely bitter to contrast the fruit jelly.

I don't think anyone can argue that what Canelé produces is art and they have no competitors in Singapore. Thanks Canelé for existing!

4 comments:

MissyGlutton said...

I love this matcha cake !! :) And that's the usual one which i will order plus ALL the different macaroons, other than coffee flavors.....

btw u ever try http://www.thepatissier.com/webtop/aboutus.phtml ?

MissyGlutton

amiscell said...

Thanks for the advice! I have never tried the place, but I think I will soon pay them a visit at the Mohammed Sultan branch!

Unknown said...

This is great. I've been in Singapore for sometime now but I haven't tried this place. If the taste is as good as the photograph you've taken, they'll have a loyal customer.

Unknown said...

haha i have to agree Canele doesn't have any close competitors in terms of their branding, and the arrays of desserts they offered. But i do wish for somebody else to give Canele a run for their money though. More choices for us :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails