Monday, November 17, 2008

Gobi - Chocolate Therapy

I have been a very happy Gobi customer over the past 1.5 years. Their desserts are in my opinion among the best in Singapore. Although their selection of cakes is limited to about 6 cakes, these are all so good that I have been happily going back to Gobi to purchase birthday cakes for my friends or even just to enjoy them over the weekend. Their main branch is located at The Central in Clarke Quay. Their kitchens are in Katong Mall, which is next door from me so I can conveniently order and pick up directly from there.

Last weekend I had a Chocolate Therapy once again. This, together with the 'Ivory Tower', remains my favourite cake. Alternate layers of chocolate sponge and chocolate mousse lay on top of a cereal crunchy base. A soft chocolate sauce wraps the whole cake, topped by a light spread of whipped cream and an extra thin chocolate wafer. Overall not too sweet and not too bitter. You will definitely love this cake unless you hate chocolate, it's as simple as that.

I highly recommend Gobi's cakes for any occasion. They are beautifully presented and boxed and they are always appreciated. The only drawback is that I have been irrevocably appointed as 'the official cake buyer' within my circle of friends.

Website: http://www.gobi.com.sg/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails