Monday, May 3, 2010

Sweet Spot

How exciting. Marina Bay Sands just opened its doors to the public and some of the new restaurants are already up and running. The hotel atrium hosts a couple of restaurants and this dessert shop.

I wasn't in the mood of having a whole dessert when I came across this place, so I only had a few macarons: salted caramel, matcha and nougat. The salted caramel and matcha macarons were very good indeed and I would rate them best than any others I have tried in Singapore so far. They have a distinct crispy, thin shell and soft core, just like the Pierre Herme' macarons I tried in Tokyo.

My only negative comment is the staff knowledge of the products, they were not able to tell which macaron was which and what flavors were available.
I will certainly be back to this place next weekend to try their awesome dessert creations!

Sweet Spot
Website: http://www.marinabaysands.com/Restaurants/SweetSpot.aspx

1 comment:

Sparkling or Still said...

I have heard good comments about Sweet Spot. After reading your review, I msut go down to have a taste of their desserts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails