Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tokyo - Toshi Yoroizuka

It is uncommon to come across a patisserie where the pastry chefs prepare your dish in front of you, just like at a sushi counter. Besides producing excellent desserts, this is what makes Toshi's Yoroizuka such an attractive experience.

Unfortunately getting a seat is not the easiest thing. You must go to the shop and pre-reserve at around 3pm, to then go back and have your dessert at around 5pm. If you will be visiting Tokyo, you might want to plan visiting Roppongi Hills or something nearby during the duration of your wait.

Watching the Chefs preparing your dessert step-by-step is certainly entertaining, but it is even more entertaining hearing Japanese ladies woowing and waawing at the show!

My favourite dessert was the Gorgonzola one. I checked on their website, and they seem to have other versions listed in their selection, the one I had is missing. The subtle Gorgonzola flavour emerges throughout this dessert quite gently, but enough to be noticed. I liked it so much that I was tempted to have a second one.

In the end, for the sake of trying their selection, I decided to order something different instead. I wasn't crazy for this goma dessert, primarily because the flaky pastry style is not my cup of tea. I much preferred both the chocolate and the Gorgonzola souffle'.

Taking a look at their website is quite mouthwatering. Bear in mind that not all the desserts illustrated will be available on the day of your visit. They only put 5-6 desserts on the menu of the day for you to choose from. If you will be visiting Tokyo and you will have time and dedication to try this place, I am sure you won't regret the hassle.

Toshi Yoroizuka
Website: http://www.grand-patissier.info/ToshiYoroizuka/
Location: 1F, Plaza, Tokyo Midtown, Roppongi, hours: 11am to 9pm

1 comment:

mr. pineapple man said...

looks like a roppongi place~ very nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails