Sunday, March 21, 2010

Private Affairs - Lunch #2

I already wrote about this restaurant's lunch menu on a previous post. Since then, I wanted to visit Private Affairs again for a second try, given that they serve reasonably priced, good quality modern French in a relaxing ambience a walk away from home. Foodwise, this second visit was actually better than the first.

The restaurant is discretely hidden in a typical Katong shop house and yet spacious and sophisticated. The deco is very detailed, sophisticated and softly lit.

The Salmon and crab cannelloni was light and delicate. I loved the combination of squid-ink caviar with yuzu emulsion and dashes of wasabi sauce.

I had the black carrot soup with open lobster ravioli at my last visit, and I decided to have it again. I actually enjoyed this more the second time round.

I liked the Steamed snapper with asparagus, comfit tomato puree and spatzle in smoked oyster cream sauce. The sauce itself was the element which did bring this dish together, with its subtle smoky flavour.

The lemon and raspberry meringue tart was actually not a tart. Since I am not a big fan of tarts, that might be why I liked it. The base was soft and in-between a cheesecake and a jelly, covered with fresh raspberries, cream and crunchy meringues.

Once again, I am hopeful that this restaurant will increase in popularity, since there is nothing else like it in the east. The restaurant offers privacy, food innovation and attentive service. I will be back.

Private Affairs
45 Joo Chiat Place
Tel: 6440 0601
URL: http://www.privateaffairs.com.sg/

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails