Monday, February 15, 2010

Forlino - St. Valentine's Menu

I went to Forlino for St. Valentine's and really enjoyed the menu. Given the dark lighting, I didn't take any pictures and the exact same menu has already been reviewed in extreme detail by Camemberu.
In a couple of sentences, the menu was well designed and balanced, beautifully presented and attentively served. I have to say that when you consider the beautiful ambience, the gorgeous food and first class service, your money is well spent at Forlino.

I particularly liked the "Tortino di Barbabietole su Fonduta di Robiola" - absolute genius!
Their "Tagliolini al Nero con Zabaione ai Ricci di Mare e Pomodorini Semi Canditi" was also superbly done. I loved the subtle sea flavour infused into that delicately thick (very importantly, no cream added!!) pasta sauce. Work of a master. I will definitely come back here again to try more of their pastas, as I haven't had much luck before with pastas in Singapore, besides Cugini's.
Finally, the last highlight was the "Filetto di Angus Prime con Radicchio Candito e Salsa di Fegato Grasso al Porto". I was delighted to have Radicchio Rosso served on my plate here in Singapore! This is something I really miss, a true rarity, and worth having this meal for.
Thanks to Chef Giuliano for the wonderful meal, I will be back for more.

Forlino
#02-06 One Fullerton
One Fullerton Road Singapore 049213
Tel: 6877 6995

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow an Italian place you actually like! Amazing!

amiscell said...

Hey, we've got to acknowledge the good chefs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails