Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mentaiko linguine

I finally found pasta De Cecco in Singapore at the basement of Liang Court for $2.85. I decided to test their linguine with some Mentaiko I also bought from Liang Court.

I added to the recipe some spring onion (instead of the classic nori seaweed), and a quail egg.

The recipe was basically a "aglio olio e peperoncino" base (the base is mostly similar to many of the recipes documented on this blog), and I added the mentaiko, spring onion and quail egg on top. The main thing to watch out for is not to add the mentaiko on top too soon, to prevent it from cooking with the heat from the pasta.

Clearly, for such a simple recipe, ingredients need to be fresh and the pasta itself of good quality. I have to say pasta De Cecco didn't disappoint me, it is as good as I remembered it. Its firm texture and porous surface make it particularly indicated for this type of recipe.
If you happen to come across this brand, I highly recommend it. I think it's also sold at the Italian delicatessen located at the basement of Liang Court.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails